Welcome to Inga Michaelsen's (“we”, “us”, “our”) official website (the “website” or “site”).
2. What data do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Registration Information. In order to access and use certain features, content or functions of the Services, you may be asked to provide certain information, including your name, e-mail, date of birth, and other descriptive information.
- Payment Information. If you make any purchase on or through the Services, your payment information (e.g., credit or debit card type, number and expiration date) and related information (e.g., physical address) may be collected by us and/or our third party payment processors.
- Information You Choose to Provide to Us. We may collect any information you provide to us on or through the Services. For example, we collect any information you provide when you update your user account and profile, participate in surveys, or sign up to receive communications from us.
- User Submissions. You may have the ability to use the Services to communicate with other users of the Services and post comments to or otherwise interact with certain aspects of the Services that are available to other users. We may collect any information you submit, post, or provide in the course of such activities.
Any information, communications, or material of any type or nature that you submit to our Services by email, posting, messaging, uploading, downloading, or otherwise (collectively, a “Submission”), is done at your own risk.
In the event that we offer a message board, community area or any other interactive features on a Service administered directly by us, please be aware that these areas may allow you to publicly post, and share with other users, certain messages, content, or other information (e.g., stories, pictures, etc.), and that anything posted or shared in this manner may be viewed by third parties.
The Services may also provide you with the ability to send “direct” or “private” messages to certain other users of the Services, including your coach(es) or other users in an accountability group or other category with you, or, if you are a coach, the recipients of your coaching services. Although we do not actively monitor the content of such communications, they are stored on our Services, and we reserve the right access to the contents of these communications when we determine it is appropriate (for example, to investigate and take appropriate action in response to reports of abusive conduct or other misuse of the Services as further described under the hearing “How do we use the data we collect?”)
Although we take precautions to protect those who use these areas of one of our websites, we encourage you not to give out any personal information in such public forums. Your Submissions can be collected and used by people you do not know. We cannot guarantee the privacy and safety of these areas and are therefore not responsible for any information you choose to post. Your use of these features is at your own risk.
- Usage Data and Technical Information. The Services include features that automatically collect certain information to, among other things, assist us in authenticating your usage and/or device, keeping track of your preferences, creating a more tailored user experience, and better serving your particular interests and needs.
3. How do we use the data we collect?
We may use information we collect for, among other things, the following purposes:
- Notifying you about new features and offerings of the Services, including, but not limited to, news about products and services, promotions, and events;
- Delivery of features, content, services, and products available to you through the Services;
- Contacting you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Services you have registered to use;
- Sending you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- Responding to your questions or other requests, including reports of abusive or inappropriate conduct or other misuse of the Services;
- Tailoring your experience on the Services and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use the Services;
- Saving your account, registration and profile data or other information (so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use the Services);
- Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Services and user activity;
- Improving our Services and developing new services and products in connection with them (including through the use of aggregated or de-identified data as described further in Section 5); and
- For other purposes disclosed at or before the time you provide us with the information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the Services or other related product and/or service requested.
4. How do we store your data?
We store your data on our secure servers located in the United States of America. Any payment transactions are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and all payment information is stored exclusively with our payment processor and never stored on our servers.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information in light of applicable industry standards and the nature of the information we receive. However, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications despite our efforts to prevent this, and we therefore make no guarantees regarding the security of user information.
5. Disclosure of your data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- To provide services as authorized by you. In some circumstances, based on your specific requests, we may need to disclose your personal information to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested from such party, or fulfill a request for information from such party. An example of this is our mobile messaging service, which requires us to transmit your number to their platform. It is the responsibility of any third party that you authorize to receive data to protect that information in accordance with applicable laws, and use it only to provide the services or information you have requested.
- Service Providers. If our service providers (like technology infrastructure hosting providers, or payment service providers) require this information to provide services to us as part of our provision of the Services. We require each of our service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information disclosed and to use personal information received from us only as appropriate to provide the aspects of the Services we have contracted with them to provide.
- Legal Obligations and Enforcement of Rights. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, similar legal process, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Positive Intelligence, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Aggregated/De-identified Data. If any data is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, we may use or disclose such aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified data with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as statistical analysis, to research trends and predictive analysis, or to develop or improve the Services.
- Changes to our business. If Inga Michaeslen Coaching engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of its assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), we may share or disclose data in connection therewith, subject to standard confidentiality obligations.
6. What are your data protection rights?
We want to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service, but we will not do so where applicable law prohibits it.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to opt out of sales – We do not engage in any transactions with respect to personal information that we believe constitutes a “sale” of such information under applicable law. However, if you are a resident of certain jurisdictions, you may have the right to opt out of future sales of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and consistent with applicable law.
7. Opting-out of certain uses of information
- User Account Privacy Settings. You may be able to adjust certain privacy, permission and User Account settings by responding to request alerts or notifications that may be presented to you on your device prior to or following the collection of the relevant information or by navigating to the settings, account or privacy section (as the case may be) of your device or the applicable Third-Party Platform and limiting certain Service functionality (e.g., location services, etc.). Please be aware that if you limit the collection of certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the Services.
- Marketing and Promotional Communications. You may be presented with the option of whether to subscribe to receive, or be automatically entered to receive, certain marketing and promotional communications, including by text message, from us. Recipients of such communications can unsubscribe by either following the specific instructions included in such communications or you may “opt-out” of receiving marketing and promotional emails from us at any time by or by emailing email@example.com detailing your privacy request. Recipients of text messages may “opt-out” of any of our mobile messaging programs by replying “STOP” to any mobile message you receive from us, or by contacting us via the means provided above and clearly communicating your intent to unsubscribe from our mobile messaging program.
Please note that in order to keep you informed about the operation of our Services, we may always send you announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of our Services.
We want our Services to be simple, useful and reliable. When you use our Services, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies, small text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information.
Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally and are used to improve services for you, for example by:
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Saving your preferences like language choice
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
9. What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies. Our Services use:
- Functionality – We use these cookies to recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
10. Privacy policies of other websites
11. Data collection from children
You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to sign up as a registered user of the Services. Individuals under the age of 18, or the applicable age of majority, may utilize the Services only with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without appropriate parental notice and consent, and our Services are not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under the age of 13. If we are informed that we have unintentionally received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
If you want to notify us of our possible receipt of information by children under the age of 13, please contact us at by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Your California privacy rights
If you are a resident of the State of California, we provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options, such as your right to opt-out (which we may sometimes refer to as “unsubscribing”) or opt-in for use of your information by third parties for marketing purposes.
Therefore, pursuant to the California Civil Code, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices under the Civil Code, please email email@example.com. All requests must include “California Privacy Rights” in the comments. For all requests, please clearly state your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via telephone or by fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
13. International usage
The Services are processed entirely within Canada. If you visit, access, interact with, and/or otherwise use the Services from a location outside the Canada, please be advised that any information you provide in connection with any such activity may be processed in and/or transferred to the Canada, and/or other territories and locations, where privacy protections may not be as comprehensive as those in the territory or location where you interact with or otherwise use the Services. By using the Services, you affirmatively consent to the transfer, use, disclosure, provision, and other administration of your information as described herein.
14. How to contact us